Esta web utiliza cookies para que podamos ofrecerte la mejor experiencia de usuario posible. La información de las cookies se almacena en tu navegador y realiza funciones tales como reconocerte cuando vuelves a nuestra web o ayudar a nuestro equipo a comprender qué secciones de la web encuentras más interesantes y útiles.
FROM RESPONSIBILITY TO SUSTAINABILITY
Merlin’s corporate sustainability strategy is based on the acquisition, focused management, and rotation of real estate spaces in Spain and Portugal to generate a sustainable shareholder return.
To ensure that this return is sustainable, at Merlin we are strong and unwavering and dedicated to fostering well-being in society, and particularly in the local communities and economies in which we operate.
We operate in three key areas. First, to maintain this high level of social commitment at Merlin, we are committed to internal portfolio management. Our highly motivated and dedicated team allows us to meet the highest standards of sustainability while maintaining high profitability ratios throughout each asset phase. Secondly, Merlin specialises in generating returns by repositioning assets to realise their full potential and to maximise portfolio value and shareholder return. And above all, sustainability is the key concept in all of Merlin's assets. By obtaining the most prestigious certifications in this field, we always adhere to the highest standards of sustainability and efficiency throughout the life cycle of each of the assets.
COMMITTED TO FIGHT AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE
In terms of climate change, it is important to highlight our efforts to contribute towards decarbonising cities in accordance with European strategies and the Paris Agreement.
Thus, throughout 2021, we have been pursuing a path to net-zero emissions, committing to make considerable efforts to decarbonise our asset portfolio,
to achieve carbon neutrality by 2030, in line with Science Based Targets (SBTi) and firmly committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) As a first step, in 2021 we completed a comprehensive calculation of our carbon footprint, including all relevant emissions in our value chain, recognising that the cooperation of our tenants and suppliers will be key to achieving our ambitious goal.
We remain firm in our commitment to certify our whole portfolio with LEED and BREEAM certifications, with 91% of our spaces being certified and the remaining 9% we are working on. What's more, MERLIN has 1,300,000 square metres certified to ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 environmental quality certifications, representing 81% of its portfolio that is eligible for certification.
Concerning the second pillar of our Sustainability Policy - the well-being of our users and stakeholders - Merlin invests continuously in enhancing the user experience. We're committed to sustainable transportation and are constantly installing more charging stations for electric vehicles. We also provide innovative solutions for hybrid working models through our Flex Spaces by LOOM, with a full range of products unique on the market that allows the customer to plan and personalise their space and time consumption model.