MERLIN Properties inaugurates its logistics park “MERLIN Cabanillas”, with over 200,000 sqm of gross lettable area and full occupancy
MERLIN Properties today inaugurates the logistics park MERLIN Cabanillas, with 202,600 sqm of gross lettable area. The park is the largest logistics development since 2007 and has successfully achieved 100% occupancy before opening.
MERLIN Cabanillas is located in the main logistics hub in Spain, the Henares corridor, where most of the national and international major logistics names are present.
MERLIN Properties reinforces its presence in Lisbon with the acquisition of Central Office Building
• MERLIN Properties has completed the acquisition of Central Office Building in Lisbon for a price of €29.4 million.
• The office building, located in the Expo area, has a 10,310 sqm lettable area
MERLIN Properties delivers on its results and increases FY2016 dividend
Reports FY2016 net profit of € 583 million, increases complementary dividend to 20 cents in May (4 cents or 11% above previous estimates) and guides towards 44 cents total remuneration (+10%) in 2017
– Gross rents: € 351.0 million (+64%)
– Recurring EBITDA: € 303.6 million (+63%)
– Recurring FFO: € 232.7 million (+75%)
– Gross asset value: € 9,824 million
– EPRA net asset value: € 11.23 (+14%)
– Guidance to shareholder distributions in 2017: € 44 cents per share (+10.0%)
• MERLIN reports an IFRS net profit of € 582.6 million. The portfolio gross asset value (GAV) exceeds €9,800 million, representing a 6% increase on a like-for-like (LfL) basis versus 2015.
• Net asset value in accordance with EPRA recommendations (“EPRA NAV”) amounts to €11.23 per share, a 14% increase versus last year (€9.85).
• Through a combination of dividends and EPRA NAV growth the Company has created significant value to shareholders for an aggregate total of € 520 million, delivering an implicit annual total shareholders return (TSR) of 17.2%.
• MERLIN announces a complementary dividend in May of 20 cents per share, up to a total of 40 cents in FY2016, 11% above expectations. It also provides guidance for shareholders distributions of € 207 million or 44 cents per share in FY 2017 (+10% vs 2016).
MERLIN Properties acquires Torre Glòries in Barcelona
• MERLIN Properties has completed the acquisition of the former Aguas de Barcelona headquarters for a price of € 142 million.
• Torre Glòries is one of the most iconic buildings in Barcelona, located in the prime area of Avenida Diagonal junction with Plaza de Les Glòries, in the heart of the Barcelona tech-oriented business district known as 22@.
MERLIN Properties sells to Foncière des Régions its hotel portfolio for €535 million
• Foncière des Régions, throught its hotels specialized subsidiary Foncière des Murs, is one of the most dynamic investors on the hotel real estate market in Europe and manages a portfolio of €3.9 billion and a NAV of €2 billion.
• MERLIN’s executive team had already classified this portfolio as non-core for the activity of the Company and had communicated its intention to sell it or contribute it to a separate company as a subsidiary.
MERLIN Properties sells Grande Armée in Paris
MERLIN Properties has completed the disposal of a high street retail asset located in Avenue de la Grande Armée. The asset has been sold to DEKA for a total price of € 58.5 million.
MERLIN Properties reports 9M 2016 results with a consolidated EBITDA of 203 million euros, not including Metrovacesa
– Gross rents: € 229.5 million (+65% vs 9M 2015)
– Recurring EBITDA: € 202.5 million (+69% vs 9M 2015)
– Recurring FFO: € 148.5 million (+59% vs 9M 2015)
– Gross asset value: € 6,568 million (no appraisal done this quarter)
– NAV per share: € 10.71
• Annualized gross rents (not including Metrovacesa) amount to € 310.4 million (€ 322.0 million including the attributed rent from the stakes held as equity method), with an occupancy rate of 95.7% and an average unexpired lease term of 9.0 years.
• MERLIN Properties acquired Adequa business park and the remaining 50% of Arturo Soria shopping center, reaching 100% ownership of the asset.
• Following the successful completion of the bond issuance in October, the Company fine tunes its capital structure reducing the exposure to floating interest rates, with 92% of its debt hedged, and increasing the debt maturity profile.
• Post 30 September, MERLIN has completed the merger by absorption of Testa Inmuebles en Renta, the spin-off of Metrovacesa, the integration of the commercial assets of Metrovacesa into MERLIN and the deconsolidation of the rented residential subsidiary, Testa Residencial.